Ways to Help
The areas we need help with to run The Husky House and The Snowdog Lodge successfully are described in the table below. If you have a special interest or talent that is not listed but you think would benefit Husky House, please let us know.
Mon - Sun
9am - 2pm,
3pm - 6pm,
6pm - 8pm
- Feed and provide clean water
- Clean kennels and bowls
- Playtime in yard
- Clean lobby
- Walk dogs that are restricted from playtime
- Bathing and grooming
- Socialize Dogs
- Assist potential adopters with paperwork, answering questions
- Screen applications
- Coordinate home visits
- Distribute flyers for the lodge and events
- Educate the public about our mission
- Submit forms for grants
- Help transport pets
- Stay at event and answer potential adopters' questions
- Event planning
- Reserve venue
- Solicit sponsors and prizes
- Sell tickets
- Provide transportation to/from Lodge for vet visits, adoption events, media events, from other facilities
- Provide a home, love and care to a dog who needs time to learn in a safe environment
- Apply to Foster
- Send thank you notes to our donors and sponsors
- Lodge Maintenance
- Monetary donations
- New/used leashes & collars, dog beds
- Dog food, treats, bones & toys
- Blankets, towels, cleaning supplies, bleach, paper towels
Frequently Asked Volunteer Questions
How do I volunteer?
- Complete your volunteer application. Once we receive your application our Volunteer Coordinater will contact you.
- After you have been accepted, you will be given a Volunteer Agreement/Waiver that must be signed before you can begin. If you are under 18 years old, you must have a parent or legal guardian sign the agreement as well.
- Attend the next Volunteer Orientation Session. The Volunter Coordinator will contact you with the dates and times.
- Attend additional training classes as required for specific activities.
Please understand that completion of this application does not assure placement.
Husky House fills the positions and time slots that are needed. Accuracy and completeness of this form are important in determining the acceptability for a volunteer position. You may be asked to submit additional references and participate in additional interviews, all of which are considered part of the qualification process. All pre-placement inquiries are made for the purpose of establishing the best fit for you and Husky House.
If you have any questions regarding Volunteering or your application please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at HuskyHouseinc@gmail.com.
What Volunteer opportunities does the Husky House offer?
The areas we need help with to run The Husky House and The Snowdog Lodge successfully are described in above. If you have a special interest or talent that is not listed but you think would benefit Husky House, please let us know.